Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Friend's Sunflower Hooked Rug from PEI




nice mat....did you do it yourself?
I have to be in every picture, you guys...
Cindy's original Sunflower mat with some of our wool


I could have done that myself....
This morning bright and early my hooker friend and her son visited Jack and I. It was quite a job getting a picture of them with the mat as you can see. It is not finished as she came for more wool to finish it. Later on she's coming back for more pieces from my rag bin. What we do not use does not go to waste, someone else can use it. That's what they used to do in the past, when things were used not thrown out.












I have fresh new baskets of of rags that I sell for those who have to have just one more color. I also have a great selection of MacAusland's PEI  http://www.macauslandswoollenmills.com/ wool yarn and Briggs and Little New Brunswick (http://www.briggsandlittle.com wool yarn in different plies for either knitting or hooking. We use this wool yarns for both hooking and for whipping around the edges of our mats. It's an Island tradition to hook in both rags and yarn so we like to carry on with the traditional materials as much as possible.






It's fun to learn to hook for yourself....


You may get to help us work on a mat if you drop by. There is usually a seat at the big mat frame. We have lots of new patterns that are hot-off-the-press too. Cheers, for today from Jack and Shirlee.

No comments:

Post a Comment