Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hand-hooked eagle to fly on the weekend on PEI..



boring....wool...


She should be flying over Mount Stewart by Friday for the weekend of the Hillsborough Eagle Festival. I've decided that I should tell you how things are going and what I'm actually doing to bore Jack so much. I have hand-dyed the blue sky...












I have cut the wool into strips with the strip cutter and keep the strips in order so that I can hook them consecutively...looks easy but it's a little hard on the brain....every long strip in order, so that the mottled dye job will represent the colors in the blue sky.


keeping track is worth the trouble...you'll see...
Then you can get the full effect in the sky; but you have to look closely at the real thing. For some unknown reason the lighter spots on the wool hooked in around the bird...if I tried to do it, it probably would not work like that. Looks like I planned it that way; did you know that rug-hooking is like everything else in life: sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but always plug away anyway. I won this round so far but...I will not show you the finished ground in the piece until tomorrow....or until it works as well as the sky did....

she's flying over Mount Stewart PEI....

Now here is the latest version of her, flying happily over Mount Stewart - the river is in the shape of an S according to Rosemary Curley who sent me a Google map of the area...something mostly seen only by eagles  and other fliers.

No comments:

Post a Comment